Redefining Righteous relationships
Two blind men were sitting beside the road. When they heard that Jesus was coming that way, they began shouting, “Lord, so if David, have mercy on us!”The most important thing we can pray for in this season is for righteous relationships.
Relationships ordained by God. Righteous relationships identifies my weakness (Matt 20:30)
- TWO BLIND MEN. Surround yourself with people that will check you on your ungodly behavior, that will be open about their imperfections, help you embrace your own, help each other grow on your spiritual journey, and holds you accountable for your quality of character. NOT AFRIAD OF THE TRUTH!
- Hebrews 12:6 For the LORD disciplines those he loves, and he punishes each one he accepts as his child.
- If your friends love you will not sit there and not come clean with you, they will speak life into your situation while also speaking conviction.
Righteous relationships increase my witness (Matt 20:31)Matthew 20:31 “be quiet! The crowed yelled at THEM. But THEY only shouted louder, Lord, son of David, have mercy on US.”
- watch those around you that only pray for themselves, self centered intentions. You want someone that can pray for you when your prayer life is losing grip! That holds your head up when you you feel down. That wants the betterment of your life as much as they want it for themselves.
- Where TWO OR THREE are gathered IN HIS NAME. He will be present
- 1 Corinthians 15:33 “don’t be fooled by those who say such things, for bad company corrupts good character.”
Righteous relationships Inspires my worship
Praise is from what God has done, worshipping God is based on who he is!
Matthew 20:34 – Jesus had compassion on them, and touched their eyes: and immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed him.
- worship does not change upon circumstances
- Relationships that follow God, those who TRUST him.
- Those who motivate me to follow God
Righteous relationships insulate my wounds
- They know where I’m hurting, where I’m vulnerable and cover ME, anoint me, ignite my progress, comfort me in my troubles, that understands where I am and will not let me stay there.
- Proverbs 17:17 a friend is always loyal and a brother is there to help in a time of need.
- Galatians 16 “… share each other’s burdens and In this way obey the law of Christ.”
If they cannot sit with you when you are lonely and wounded, when their is no potential to gain anything from you then they should not sit with you when God is flourishing your blessings bringing you out of your season.